Albums and photographic printed products are some of the only things that are still created by hand. And just to make it clear, handmade doesn’t necessarily mean that technology and machinery are out of the equation. It means that the final result has been achieved by using the artistry, knowledge, experience and quality control of a qualified person with special expertise.
There are many reasons why one should buy handmade albums… and there are even more reasons why you should give such unique products to your customers!
1. Probably the most important reason is that the product is, well, handmade! That by itself translates to quality, and a whole lot of love!
2. Handmade products are more than just a product, it is 100% creativity and uniqueness, and that shows.
3. Giving a handmade product instead of mass-produced is more like writing a letter to someone instead of an email.
4. By choosing handmade products you support a true artist that loves what his does.
5. When you buy something handmade, you create a direct relationship with the artist/ designer of the product.
6. Giving a handmade product is truly the essence of gift-giving. When you give a friend, or loved one a gift, you are really saying “I care about you.”
7. It wasn’t mass-produced in some factory where several people attached one part, to create the whole product, over and over and over again.
8. Environmentally friendly: it is common to use recycled materials when making handmade items.
1. Buying handmade is a win-win situation: You enrich your life with beautiful handmade goods, and you enable an artist to continue pursuing their creative dreams.
2. Handmade items are true, great works of art (at affordable prices)!
3. You can be proud, knowing that you are supporting small businesses.
4. It is great for the economy
5. You are contributing to an “insurance policy” that helps keep the crafting industry alive. In return, this gives room for more unique and different items to become available each year.
6. Supporting handmade artists, which is absolutely vital in this current economy. We need to support local, small businesses and artists over the big corporations.
8. You are buying directly from the maker, which is a much more intimate and personal shopping experience, something that isn’t available from corporate companies.
9. Money is well spent. Rather than most of the cost going towards the profit margin of a huge conglomeration, you’re paying for a fair wage for one (or a few) people.
10. Sincerity. People don’t hand craft things just to make money. They’re not just the product of a slick R&D department for profit. They make things that involve years of learned skills, passion, enthusiasm, commitment and sincerity.
1. Exclusivity: Each of the handmade things are unique and a one of a kind. There are not two handmade items that are the same, which makes each item a special object. Skilled craftsmen are behind each object’s fabrication process, from the design sketches, to the wrapping and shipping.
2. High Quality: the things I make are things I would buy. Many times I need things, and when I look for them in the shops, I don’t find anything that I like, or that covers my expectations. In fact, this is one of the reasons I began selling handmade things. It was also common that I made one for myself, and then my friends began asking me for them too.
3. Boosts creativity: everyone loves to see and have handmade items around them! It makes people feel special! It inspires!
4. Customised items: how many times do you like something someone is wearing, and then you go to H&M and notice it was bought there…and then, everyone is wearing the same item? .With handmade items you can be sure THIS will never happen!
5. You can always meet and talk directly with the designer, craftsman, or artist that created the piece you bought, and we will also be happy to talk to someone who bought one of our handmade items!
6. Perfection is in details, and handmade products have many, many details. Some of them you can see, and some… you can’t!
7. Made to last. Unlike Old Navy, Le Chateau, or the many other manufacturers who make things with a purposelessly short (seasonal) lifespan, a handmade item will be made to last. This, of course, is much better for the environment. Quality over quantity!
8. Because your shots deserve the best, you will never like seeing your images hidden in a drawer, but you will love seeing your album displayed on the main table of a living room!
9. When working with natural materials like leather, paper, cloth… the human hand knows how to handle them better…
10. Finally and an example: Fender & Gibson guitars are produced in the millions, all over the world, but there is no artist that is using anything less than a handmade guitar.
A photographer is an artist… who is always using the top technology elements to give a unique, elegant, creative, customized, perfect, made to last, brand named products… To have all of these qualities, “handmade” is the word!
Just think that huge brand names such as LOUIS VUITTON, PRADA, FERRARI, LAMBORGHINI, etc, etc… They are selling (or they say they are) handmade products with extremely high prices… What about you?